Wednesday, July 22, 2026

 

Songs Gone Wrong

 

My new poetry book has been published. It will be one of my last ever poetry books. After this one, there will be my monumental Unrequited Self-Love in several large volumes, but I don't anticipate many others, if any.

SONGS GONE WRONG is the third Mission Creep Press book. I put it together in order to have a collection of poems that I feel comfortable reading aloud in public. So now at poetry readings and festivals, I don't need to mess around with scraps of paper or juggle my way between several volumes. Everything I need is contained in one volume. And yesterday I read from it for the first time, as part of the UNESCO City of Literature celebrations in Aberystwyth.

The official description of the book is as follows:

"Songs Gone Wrong is Rhys Hughes's gleefully unhinged collection of comic verse, built from the wreckage of songs half-remembered, misheard, and gloriously misappropriated. Music Hall collides with Nietzsche. Chris de Burgh is damned to a very specific corner of the afterlife. Robert Frost's snowy woods get a talking snowman. Along the way there are philosophical nipples, seafaring skeletons, tropical islands of questionable geography, invading Vikings, and more gorillas than any collection has a right to contain. Ranging from poems written in the 1990s to verse composed in the past few weeks, these pieces are less concerned with conventional wit than with absurdly offbeat delight." 

The ebook edition is currently FREE on Amazon, but you'll have to hurry if you want to download it, as the offer ends on July 27th, which is tomorrow.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]