Monday, January 15, 2007

 

The Postmodern Mariner

It is a Postmodern Mariner
and he stoppeth one of three.
'Do you feel lucky, albatross?
Well, do ya, punk?'

I have a strong feeling that the book I recently started writing is going to be entitled The Postmodern Mariner. It will be a short collection of linked stories in two parts, the first part narrated by Castor Jenkins, an outrageous liar in the style of Baron Münchhausen, and the second part narrated by the Postmodern Mariner himself. The town where I grew up (Porthcawl) will loom large in the background of this book, but the action will mainly be set in places distant in both time and space, including within the circumference of a gigantic cup of tea.

The Postmodern Mariner is a character I created around the time of my 40th birthday, primarily for use in a novelette that I failed to sell to an anthology of pirate stories. He's an investigative blogger and so I had to set up a fake blog for the purposes of veracity. Worrying about veracity when writing absurd stories set in gigantic cups of tea is a bit odd, but it's what I do.


Comments:
I was in Porthcawl once when it was very loomy.
 
Damned if I don´t damned if I do!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]