Wednesday, November 14, 2007

 

The Wanderlust Bridge

The bridge in this photo is the Puente de Toledo, just a few minutes walk from the house where I’m currently living with my girlfriend. Two centuries ago the Madrid authorities decided they wanted a grand bridge befitting the capital city of Spain. Unfortunately the main river that flows through Madrid is little more than a trickle and so this overlarge bridge mostly crosses dry land. It’s something of a joke among the local residents and I feel rather sorry for the poor puente, in the same way I might feel sorry for a very big shoe on a very small foot.

The reason I mention this is because I have written a story concerning the Puente de Toledo and what happens when it gets lonely and goes in search of a girlfriend (i.e. a female bridge). Tomorrow the excellent Tartarus Press publish their new Strange Tales anthology and my story, ‘The Concise Picaresque Adventures of the Wanderlust Bridge’, is included therein. This is the third such Tartarus anthology and I’m happy to report I’ve been included in all three. Tartarus produce amazing books and I’m sure this one will be no less luxuriant and fabulous!

I have numerous stories due out in many anthologies in the coming months. More news on each item as it appears... Since returning from Seville I have returned to writing with excessive zeal. In just three days I wrote three new stories, completing a new satiric cycle, ‘Mr Gum, the Creative Writing Tutor’, and I’m currently finishing another three tales before getting to grips with my Bedsteads novel(la).The soundtrack to all this writing activity comes courtesy of regular visits to Madrid clubs for live music!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]