Friday, July 31, 2009

 

Glissements

I think I've just been published in France. According to this website my story 'The Old House Under the Snow...' has appeared in an anthology entitled Glissements, une anthologie de troubles topographiques. The book is a limited edition, apparently. I'm pleased to see that the mighty John Crowley is one of the other authors. There's also a contributor by the name of Harry Morgan, but I don't think he's the same fellow as the former Rag Foundation bass player. That seems too improbable. The publishers didn't tell me I was going to be included in this anthology and I don't have a copy, but that doesn't matter. I'm just glad to be published in France again!

'The Old House Under the Snow...' is probably the most successful story I've ever written but it wasn't an immediate hit. I originally wrote it in 2002 for the first Tartarus Strange Tales anthology and it was rejected. Then it went on to be printed in many places in several languages. Coincidentally, the story I finished writing this morning ('The Phantom Festival') was also intended for the latest Tartarus Press anthology, and it may even end up there, but I suspect its true fate lies as the title story of a forthcoming collection. I received a contract for that (as yet untitled) book a few hours ago. The contents haven't been finalised yet, but they hopefully will be soon.

I've just finished proof-reading my Mister Gum novel. It is now scheduled for a late August release... And I've just finished proof-reading a new chapbook that might be out any day now, my first chapbook for five years...

Other things have been happening, bad as well as good. It would be churlish of me to withhold news of my failures. After all, even the people who dislike me need to be cheered up every so often... It seems I won't be appearing in the same book as Milorad Pavić after all, thus my joyful announcement to that effect back in May was premature. The editor who accepted my submission was overriden by the publishers, the narrow-minded Rodens (about whose integrity and aptitude I have long nurtured doubts). I'll report my other failures as they come in -- my gift to those who mistakenly believe my existence offends them.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]