Monday, February 08, 2021

 

Don Cosquillas



The novel I wrote when I lived in Spain twelve years ago is now both a paperback and an ebook. The Pilgrim's Regress was mostly written in Madrid but also on a farm in the mountains near Segovia.

I have talked elsewhere about how it began as a single short story that spawned a few sequels. It was only after I had written five linked stories that I realised I was actually writing a novel and that the stories were chapters in a longer work.

The Pilgrim's Regress is a sort of 'Don Quixotic' picaresque adventure, although it's not strictly speaking a set of unrelated episodes as there is an overall arc. The novel is one of my favourites among all my books but I know it is far too metafictional to be commercially successful. No matter! I had huge enjoyment writing it.

There is something about the Spanish landscape that lends itself very well to picaresque wanderings; but in fact the hero of this novel travels to Africa and India as well as across Persia.

The book is available on all Amazon outlets including Amazon UK.


Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Hi Rhys,

I´ve just got Cloud Farming in Wales. I couldn´t think of a better book to read at this moment when we are slap-bang in the middle of the umpteenth storm in a month.

I was wondering, why aren´t your books translated into Spanish? Have you ever been interested in herding your w(h)ales across the Celtic Sea to this already-known-by-you country where they could enjoy the perks of leaving their Het Gymreig on making Joe Cocker himself proud?
 
Thank you! One of my books was translated into Spanish back in 2007 but it didn't sell very well. I was much more successful in Portugal. Don't ask me why this should be. The writing world appears to be a baffling place :-)
 
This is my one and only Spanish book (I used to live in Madrid) :-)
https://www.amazon.es/Nueva-Historia-Universal-Malabares-Hughes/dp/8496173771
 
That´s where I´m originally from :)

That seems to be an intrepid writing. And such a generous comment from the genius JLB too. Flattering! I´ll be checking it next.

If you ever happen to adventure in our market again, I would be up for giving your characters their very own Spanish voice :)

Ta-ta tan toc!
 
Ah, you are a translator?
If so, I can't promise you work, but I do know of some projects that are being planned, so if you want to email me please do so at: rhysaurus@gmail.com
 
I am having some of Uk Manomano discount codethrough you can enjoy this offers and can send gifts With Discount Coupon to any of your lover who is very angry with you.

 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]