Monday, August 21, 2023

 

Coffee and More Coffee


My forthcoming poetry book, THE COFFEE RUBAIYAT, has a cover and a publication date. September 16 from Alien Buddha Press, based in the USA.

This is a collection for coffee nuts like me.

I started writing it in June. It is exactly as long as the first edition of Edward Fitzgerald's translation of The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam and is about coffee instead of wine, because at the end of the day (and also at the beginning) I prefer coffee.

I am especially pleased that this one isn't self-published, even though I am very fond of my self-published poetry books.

It consists of 75 quatrains to match the 75 of Edward Fitzgerald's translation (the first edition). I preserved the AABA rhyme-scheme and mostly mimicked the metre (not always). One of my most ambitious poetry projects, I think.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]