Wednesday, November 08, 2023

 

The Golden Fleas


I am retiring Gloomy Seahorse Press, which was my first small-press venture. Ten years is long enough for a small-press imprint. Any future books I issue will be from Gibbon Moon Books or a new imprint called Trojan Donkey Press. The former will mostly focus on my own books, the latter on works written by other writers. You can expect several books in the next couple of months featuring work from W.E. Bowman, Jason Rolfe, Boris Glikman, D.F. Lewis, Mitali Chakravarty and others.

The first book issued under the Gloomy Seahorse imprint was More Than a Feline, a collection of cat-themed stories and poems. That was at the end of the year 2013, exactly one decade ago. The last book to be issued under this imprint is The Golden Fleas, a story collection published two days ago...

The Golden Fleas contains previously uncollected work that is among my earliest surviving fiction. In fact, this new book has been created primarily for those select few readers who have expressed a wish to read all my stories. When I recently examined the contents of my published collections to date I noted that many of the stories I wrote between the years 1989 and 1995 don't appear in any of my books. These stories are cruder than my later fictions, true, but I do believe they have some value...

...and now they are available to be read.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]