Wednesday, May 29, 2024

 

The Sunset Suite


Last year I wrote a weird Western called The Sunset Suite. It's actually a set of flash fictions linked by a framing device. The novella is about what happens when cups of coffee turn into tall tales after two cowboys set up camp for the night. 26 cups of coffee in total means 13 weird stories each. So it's a sort of portmanteau novella. The cover of the book is a painting by 
Mia Wolff and the paperback edition is less than $5.

Now that this book has been published, I have been thinking about the weird Westerns I wrote in the past and those I plan to write in the future. The first weird Western I wrote was the middle part of my novel Captains Stupendous. The second was my novel The Honeymoon Gorillas, which I guess can be seen as a collection of linked short-stories rather than a novel. The third was the collection Weirdly Out West, which contains short-stories, one-act plays, an article, and poems. The fourth was Yee-Haw, a collection of poems and illustrations with one-act plays and flash fictions.

My next weird Western will be Growl at the Moon, a novel I wrote last summer. It shuld hopefully be published later this year. And next year I plan to start work on another, a novel called Fists of Fleece that I conceived more than thirty years ago but still haven't done anything about. There might be others after that, I don't know.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]